About

Zann | Eighteen | Twitter

I absolutely love eating

I mean, who doesn't right? So I blog about food, along with the occasional posts about school

Don't hesitate to leave me some recommendations!

Saturday 29 December 2012

Mei Heong Yuen Dessert

Today I'm sharing with you guys a place I like to drop by every now and then.

Quite often, teenagers like myself don't drop by places like Chinatown because it's labelled as "a place where the old people hang out" or a place for tourists. We'd most probably only head there during Chinese New Year to soak up the atmosphere, check out the decorations and all.

Whenever I tell my friends I'm going to Chinatown, they'd be like "why the hell are you going there?"

Here's one good reason why you should head to Chinatown:

Mei Heong Yuen Dessert
(Photo credit: X)

Less than 5 minutes walk away from Chinatown MRT (get out from exit A), the place offers both hot and cold traditional desserts at pocket friendly prices.

Carrot cake ($2.50)

 Chee cheong fun ($2)

Peanut paste ($3)

Yam paste ($3)

My favourite!!!


The whole place spans over three stalls, the service is fast and the friendly staff give it a plus point. In case you're wondering, there's no GST or service charge! :) Another plus point!

This is definitely one place you can drop by after school to de-stress with a couple of friends over something light.

Ordered take away for my family once, and my grandmother gave the food there a thumbs up! You know it's good when the grandmother gives it a thumbs up ;)

Mei Heong Yuen Dessert
63-67 Temple Street (Chinatown)
Tel: 6221 1156

Food: 4/5
Atmosphere: 3.5/5
Value for your money: 3.5/5
Accessibility: 4.5/5

2 comments:

  1. hey zann! you could check out these places (near our alma mater, yangzheng primary) all along jalan riang if you'd like to.

    they give off very homey vibes but could be a little costly too. ($3 for a bowl of desert could've gotten me a plate of chicken rice, and to eat at those places once could get me much more haha!)

    sweet treats, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wimbly-Lu-Chocolates/200823339955298

    western,
    http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/jules_cafe_bar/

    cajun,
    http://www.facebook.com/TheCajunKings

    could catch you there if you do visit (I stay nearby), if you figure out who I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thanks so much for the recommendations! :) I'd drop by these places sometime since they're so near, and they look good as well. And no, I have absolutely no idea who you are, sadly! Hahahah

      Delete