About

Zann | Eighteen | Twitter

I absolutely love eating

I mean, who doesn't right? So I blog about food, along with the occasional posts about school

Don't hesitate to leave me some recommendations!

Thursday 20 December 2012

BlackBall Taiwanese Dessert

So I was walking about Star Vista the other day with Shuhui and Vanessa trying to decide on a place to eat. Place literally spoils you with choices.

We were so indecisive we went to scan through the directory, where we stumbled upon "BlackBall Taiwanese Dessert"

Sounded interesting and rather new, and since the world was ending soon, why not?

"Jiu Fen" Taro Ball Crushed Ice ($4.50)

Settled on getting one because of our decision making issue. Girls.

Seemed like an Ice Kachang turned upside down (or inside out?) since the ingredients were on top of the ice instead of under it. There were so many elements I didn't know where to start.

Overall, the dessert was quite alright. Everything pretty much goes well with shaved ice. The taro/yam balls however, were extremely disappointing. Just by walking past the store, you could the smell of yam and it was so strong that it draws you in. So you wonder, damn, this place must smell really good yam or something. Sadly, this is a case of being conned by the scent. The texture of the yam balls were like the pearls, and the taste of the yam was barely there. Initially we didn't even know what it was.

You can get a few friends and try this out if you have reservations about a new dessert place. I can't exactly make a judgement based on one dish alone so do let me know what you think! :)

Also, if you're a foodie like myself, drop by The Star Vista and give such new places a chance! I'd say about 90% of the place is dedicated to satisfying your taste buds. The open concept of the mall is a fresh and different idea too!

Blackball Taiwanese Dessert
The Star Vista
#02-14/15
Tel: 6694 3070

No comments:

Post a Comment