About

Zann | Eighteen | Twitter

I absolutely love eating

I mean, who doesn't right? So I blog about food, along with the occasional posts about school

Don't hesitate to leave me some recommendations!

Tuesday 11 December 2012

French Film Festival 2012

About a week ago, I had the chance to work with a bunch of my classmates for the French Film Festival in Singapore (well, duh. But felt like I had to add that in)






The film festival aims to promote French films and the culture in Singapore. Our knowledge of anything French is rather insignificant if you ask me. It's very much limited to Bonjour.

Ha-ha-ha. I try.

Anyway, our job there was to help usher the VIP guests, French celebrities and directors to different venues. Simple as that. Initially we were supposed to be part of the paparazzi, but ushering works as well.

Like most people, my French knowledge is kind of non existent. So you could say I had celebrities walk past me without even batting an eyelid.

Except for this one though...


Michelle Chong!

Managed to get a picture with her before she rushed off. Really lovely lady! And tall. Saw Gurmit Singh and Hossan Leong as well, but it was just a one-glance-and-for-the-rest-of-the-night-they-seemed-to-have-disappeared kind of thing. Our inner typical Singaporeans showed when we saw them, especially after seeing Michelle Chong cause we kind of had a mini freak out sesh.  

Such jobs are interesting because you'd get to meet many different kinds of people. From what I had experienced that day, I can say that you truly can't judge a book by its cover. The most intimidating looking people are usually one of the nicer ones. So don't be too quick to judge.


Setting aside a few hours of a school night to spend time and earn some money with the classmates/schoolmates was worth it. It was fun fun fun.

Lastly, many thanks to my classmate Shaz for introducing this one day job to us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment