About

Zann | Eighteen | Twitter

I absolutely love eating

I mean, who doesn't right? So I blog about food, along with the occasional posts about school

Don't hesitate to leave me some recommendations!

Saturday 15 December 2012

Hatched






Admit it, eggs taste good in every way it can be prepared - scrambled, boiled, poached, steamed, sunny side-up. You name it, it'll taste awesome (unless it's cooked by me, then maybe it'll be a different story) As an egg lover myself, Hatched is must visit.

Spent quite some time pondering over what to order. There were so many different variations offered with eggs. One moment I felt like having this, another moment I felt like having that, and another moment I got distracted by the design of the menu (preview: above). Making a decision will not be easy. You have been warned.


Croque Madame ($16)

Good ol' grilled ham and cheese sandwich with a fried egg on top. Changed my steak fries to their homemade mash. The gravy along with the chunks of potatoes in the mash was to die for. Portion could be bigger though. What was disappointing was the salad. Overpowering bitterness ruined it.

Sir Benedict ($13)

Nothing says breakfast food better than the perfect bacon and egg combination on top of half an English muffin. 'Do two' if you're hungry and it'll cost an additional $3.

Beef Pot Pie ($18)

(By this time I couldn't resist not digging in to my food any longer, hence I didn't take clearer pictures. Apologies!)

Beef stew in a bread pot and topped with scrambled eggs? I don't eat beef, but that sounds good enough for me. Sounds heavy and maybe even kind of intimidating, but Vanessa still felt hungry after clearing her plate. In fact, all of us did after the meal. which. is. just. sad.

Despite that, Hatched is an ideal place if you're craving for breakfast food.

Why have dinner for breakfast when you can have breakfast for dinner, right?

Hatched
267 Holland Avenue
Singapore 278989
Tel: 64630012

Food: 4/5
Atmosphere: 3.5/5
Value for your money: 3/5
Accessibility: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment