About

Zann | Eighteen | Twitter

I absolutely love eating

I mean, who doesn't right? So I blog about food, along with the occasional posts about school

Don't hesitate to leave me some recommendations!

Sunday 11 November 2012

TGIF (it's not friday anymore, but still)



Friday marked the end of the rather demanding week at school for me. My long lost unwanted cousin fever decided to pay me a visit halfway through. It left within a few days but what it also left behind for me was a really messed up stomach and taste buds. What made it even worse was that I still had to drag myself out of bed to complete my projects and all.

Tough week indeed.

On a friday night, there I was in McDonald's with the family. Just sitting there, drinking spoonfuls of my hot chocolate, eavesdropping on my mother and aunt's conversation and people watching such simple things allowed me to unwind and clear off my mind for a while. 
It's a while, a momentary escape, but it's enough.

True enough, sometimes, it IS the little things that matter. You just have to stop long enough to notice it.

6 comments:

  1. When aunties gossip, it's the cue to blank out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty cup of coffee! Indeed, the little things in life are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hot chocolate! I'm not a coffee person. Yes, stop and appreciate the little things my friend!

      Delete
  3. This was a completely enriching post for me. Even though the text was short, I could feel all of Zann's emotion flowing through like a soothing river. Everyone can do people watching, but only Zann could come up with a conclusion so obvious that normal people in their humdrum lives fail to observe. Looking forward to stories like this!
    -Danish Hussein

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thank you for your kind words Danish! :)

    ReplyDelete