About

Zann | Eighteen | Twitter

I absolutely love eating

I mean, who doesn't right? So I blog about food, along with the occasional posts about school

Don't hesitate to leave me some recommendations!

Sunday 18 November 2012

1983

Marina Bay Sands. If you have never heard of this place, you must be living under a rock.

Been there a couple of times and I never fail to feel underdressed. :| If you've never been there before, I'd suggest you dress up, head there and wander around just for the experience. Don't think you would ever feel overdressed once you're there.

The parents had been raving about this new place at MBS for weeks, claiming that their Western food is fab. Since it was a public holiday that day, staying home all day would be quite... sad. So yup.

Besides, Western food is my absolute fav *v*



Cajun Chicken with Spaghetti

(I apologise to the dear shop owner(s) for not remembering the proper name of your dish, for I was too hungry at that point of time to think straight)

So where exactly did I dine in at MBS? The new food court 1983 - A Taste of Nanyang.

Food court?

Food court.

Am I actually recommending you guys to go to a food court? Why yes, yes I am.

It's not as meh as you think it is, because after all it IS a food court in MBS. And it is also not as omg-it's-definitely-gonna-cost-a-bomb as you think it is. My meal only costed me $6.90! :) The spaghetti in cream sauce was soooooo good with a generous amount of sauce and spaghetti. Nothing fantastic about the chicken, but it was still good!

Sister ordered Fish and Chips ($5.90?), and it was awesome as well! Not a seafood person, so I'm extremely sensitive to that fishy taste and smell. None of that there, plus the fish was nice and fluffy. Fluffy, if that makes sense.

The parents had some Thai Green Curry dish. Don't really know what to feel about it. It was my first time tasting green curry, so I can't exactly judge based on a first time experience.

The next time you do head down to the IR, why not give this place a shot? Saves you from burning a hole in your pocket as well.


1983 - A Taste of Nanyang
B1-01, Galleria Level The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
Tel: 6222 9742

Food: 3.5/5
Atmosphere: 3.5/5
Value for your money: 4/5
Accessibility: 4/5

5 comments:

  1. I am drooling as I type this out so please excuse me if there are any spelling errors ok. Hehe.
    IT LOOKS FAB!!!!! And for MBS, that's a pretty affordable meal for a poor poly student.

    I have to ask though, is that halal? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes even better than it looks though, trust me! And yes, forgot to mention that IT'S HALAL! (Y) (Y)

      Delete
  2. The Cajun Chicken with Spaghetti looks awesome!!! We need to go eat at that expensive kopitiam sometime :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attitude server!. I was serve by a malaysian lady who wears a black scarf on her head. I was really tired and went to 1983. 1st meal of the day. Ordered chicken rice but then i wanted to change it to char siew chicken rice. She throw my rice harshly and slams my food. I was so piss off. She thought im some kind of overseas people. Im a singaporean for god sake. And I ask her name firmly after my meal. Her name is fathia. Had went to lodge a report against her. Some staffs really have no manners. But food was good. Except the server by name of fathia. A malaysian lady with black scarf on her head. If u go there. U will see her. Attitude server. See people. Beware of her!

    ReplyDelete