About

Zann | Eighteen | Twitter

I absolutely love eating

I mean, who doesn't right? So I blog about food, along with the occasional posts about school

Don't hesitate to leave me some recommendations!

Saturday 10 November 2012

Phewtick

What I've been seeing on my timeline the past few days:

"Scan my QR code!!!"

"PHEWTICK PHEWTICK PHEWTICK"

"New pick up line: Hey do you have Phewtick? ;)"

And I'm just here like huh, what's this sudden uproar about this thing called Phewtick and QR codes? So I did a little research. Just a little.


Enlightenment in the form of blue seem-to-have-no-eyeballs-but-still-manage-to-look-adorable-anyway cats from the Phewtick site.

What they did not tell you in the 3 steps is that apparently, you can earn some moolah simply by scanning each other's QR codes and accumulating points.

Great news for all you bums out there, for you can finally scan QR codes for a living! :)

If you ask me, it kinda seems like an improved version of Foursquare - an app which I've always found to be rather pointless. Not entirely a big fan of broadcasting to the world about my current locations. But throw in the greens and the whole idea immediately becomes a whole lot more attractive. $__$

I would give it a shot but what I've heard about this new app is that your friends will be informed about your whereabouts after you've scanned each other's QR codes. Um no, I do not want to know where you are and I most certainly do not want you to know where I am. Feeling watched and perhaps even being stalked isn't on my Christmas wish list this year. In addition, I'm still a bit skeptical about it because it seems too good to be true.

However, if you want to give it a shot, this new app is available for both iPhone and Android users. Best thing is it's FREE! (Yes, every Singaporean's favourite word)

But please, do remember that there are actually other ways you can react when you meet your acquaintances apart from scanning each other's QR codes.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting article, found it a very good read. Offers a fresh opinion and sets your mind thinking! Now that's some food for thought...Nice style of writing!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Phewtick is some weird gimmicky stunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. It's too good to be true!

      Delete
  3. Ah again your wonderful conclusions are like those ribbons that tie up a cute little Christmas present! This was the first time I'm reading an informative post and I must say you nailed it. Brilliant way of informing readers whilst keeping a very realistic anchor to this new idea. I'm sure we can all relate to this gimmicky stunt. All in all, brilliant writing nonetheless, what next shall we expect from Zann? :)
    -Danish Hussein

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first time doing an informative post too! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. Do stay tuned for more updates :)

      Delete