About

Zann | Eighteen | Twitter

I absolutely love eating

I mean, who doesn't right? So I blog about food, along with the occasional posts about school

Don't hesitate to leave me some recommendations!

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Strictly Pancakes

Confession: Before this, the only pancakes I had were from McDonalds :|

That is, if you exclude the ones I make. But obviously my creations fail in comparison to such places, so it doesn't count.







Without a doubt, Strictly Pancakes is one of the most popular places known for their fluffy pancakes. Offering both savoury and sweet ones, the restaurant serves all day breakfast, bearing a similar concept to Hatched. Pancakes are known to be breakfast foods after all.

My friends and I simply couldn't resist leaning towards the sweet side. (Plus they were cheaper harhar)


What-A-Spread! ($11)

"No other spread measures up to our medium stack of peanut butter pancakes layered with Nutella served complete with Kinder Bueno and a scoop of vanilla ice cream - WHAT A SPREAD!"

Hands down, the most sinful dish I have ever consumed.

Evidently, it lives up to it's name. I didn't know where to start. To be honest, I had no idea they were peanut butter pancakes until I read the full description just a few minutes ago. Couldn't make out the taste of peanut butter. Maybe it's because of this.


The famous Nutella which needs no introduction. Pancakes were goooooood nevertheless.

Here's a tip though: If you order a dish that includes ice cream, you may want to prioritise your ice cream first. Because when it melts, the pool of melted ice cream will just be there staring at you. It's quite sad, really. However, if you like melted ice cream then by all means go ahead and use the pancakes like a sponge to soak it up. Personally, I don't like overly soggy stuff so yeah.

Andddd just when I thought mine was sinful enough...


The Druggie ($11)

"Indulge in the ultimate chocolate fix with three chocolate pancakes served with chocolate ice cream sprinkled with chocolate flakes and sliced strawberries topped off with our own homemade chocolate sauce."

Hello chocolate lovers, this is what you should order.

Not a hardcore chocolate lover so the appearance of the dish was already intimidating for me. As for the taste of it? Very chocolatey. Yup, no surprise there.


Lemon Curd for the Nerds ($10)

"Tuck into three chocolate pancakes with deliciously tangy lemon custard and cream accompanied by a scoop of vanilla ice cream and lemon zest."

Looks meh, but I had a bite of it and it just explodes in your mouth with lemony goodness. When I say explode, I mean explode.

◙ 


 ◙  

What I would recommend if you do opt for the sweet pancakes like we did: Get a dish or two and split it with your friends. Trust me, it's enough.

My friends and I couldn't finish what we had ordered because it was too sweet for us to handle. Like, sweet to the extent that we can't finish it sweet. For your better judgement, on the "how much of a sweet tooth do you have?" scale I'd fair somewhere below "I love macaroons", which are too sweet for my liking.

Heading back again for the savoury pancakes for sure! You can never get enough of pancakes.

With that, I end this post with something I've always wanted to say: I'M A STRICTLY PANCAKES VIRGIN NO MORE!

Strictly Pancakes
44A Prinsep Street
Singapore 188674
Tel: 6333 4202

Food: 3.5/5
Atmosphere: 3.5/5
Value for your money: 3.5/5
Accessibility: 3/5 (Nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut MRT)

No comments:

Post a Comment